Sunday, October 23, 2011

Recipe: Bacon, Egg, and Cheese Wreath

I decided this morning, since it's Sunday, that I need to make something yummy for breakfast. So i turned to my favorite cookbook, the internet! And I found this lovely post by Bacon Time With The Hungry Hungry Hypo. After reading through that post, I decided I could make this as well, just with more bacon, more cheese, and more eggs. Simple & tasty? Yes please!

Ingredients:
1 can of croissants (8 count)
6 Large Eggs
A crap ton of shredded cheese. You can use whatever kinda of cheese you want. I used a 2 year old cheddar per the request of my boyfriend.
Bacon, bacon, and more bacon. You can't put a limit on bacon. I used a package of precooked bacon so I wouldn't need to cook that too.

Step 1: Scramble them eggs!
Step 2: Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Get out a cookie sheet and line it with a piece of parchment paper (easy cleanup!).
Step 3: Lay our the croissants in a pin wheel pattern.
Step 4: Add some cheese, a strip of bacon on each croissant, and some more cheese
Step 5: Carefully add the scrambled eggs
Step 6: Now put on some more cheese and bacon!
Step 7: Carefully fold in the ends to hold in all the goodness.
Step 8: Now bake it in the oven for 15 minutes. Check it around 12 minutes to make sure it doesn't get too toasted.
And now you're done. Now eat it and enjoy! Great dish for a lazy Sunday morning (or afternoon).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...