Sunday, March 11, 2012

DIY: Marbled Bangle

Have I mentioned before that I love bangles and polymer clay? This is the third bangle I had made with my little clay experiment. I really like the marbleized look that occurs when you do this.


 What You Need:
Polymer Clay (preferably 3 contrasting colors)
Bangle/Bracelet


 As you can see I took a thin roll of gold, brown and green. The two toned gold & brown one is made by twisting the two thin rolls together.


Lay them next to each other and gently roll it out a little. Then fold it up, twist it a few times and roll it back out. Keep doing this until you end up with a marbleized pattern that you like.

Careful though, too much folding and twisting can blend them all together too much!


Once you get a marbleized look that you like, roll it out somewhat thin. Then wrap it around the bangle.


 This step is optional.

Roll out a thin roll of one color and spiral wrap it around the bangle.


 Then bake it for the amount of time that it says on the package of clay. Easy peasy! The above picture is the finished project with two other bracelets I did.

1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...